08 October 2008

ponder.

Some quotes to ponder.. by my favorite author. Yeah, he's controversial and I love him. Then I am going to try to get to sleep earlier. I was so tired before, now I am awake again. Argh! I hate this insomnia! It is just all the stress, I know it. That and I had the worst day, and the worst yesterday. I need a break. I need a hug. I need a friend.

"…no matter how much you think you love somebody, you’ll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close." - C. Palahniuk

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I’ve ever known." - C. Palahniuk

"People don't want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messes cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown." - C. Palahniuk

"Your handwriting. The way you walk. Which china pattern you choose. It's all giving you away. Everything you do shows your hand. Everything is a self-portrait. Everything is a diary." - C. Palahniuk

Here's a few by some other awesome dudes.

"
“The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.” - K. Kesey

"
Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college." - K. Vonnegut

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - K. Vonnegut

"All time is all time. It does not change. It does not lend itself to warnings or explanations. It simply is. Take it moment by moment, and you will find that we are all, as I've said before, bugs in amber." - K. Vonnegut

" "Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits, and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind...

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep."


- W. Shakespeare



At least I know I am not alone in the way I think. I want to be quoted someday.


No comments: