04 October 2008

We'll be found.




Sia - We'll be Found


That is seriously the most gorgeous video... Take a second and watch it. Really, you won't be disappointed.


Today was an amazing day. I did homework and then went to my favorite coffee place! Then I headed over to the campus where I saw an old friend for the first time in years! Then I had my last class ever for Orientation to Theatre and Film! Yay! After that I went over to my new amazing friend Anya's house and hung out with her for a bit until I had to go pick up Kyle from work. Then we went back over to her house and had delicious food! Best hummus ever I think. lol.

Then we went down to Mill Ave. and I attended my first ever poetry slam! It was so awesome! I loved it. It inspired me to try and find some of my old poetry and maybe someday I will actually compete! Anya did amazing and it was her first time! She got third place. The guys who got first and second were amazing, though. The first place winner seriously moved me to tears with his poem for the third round. Gosh.. so much emotion. It was so amazing just to see people putting their hearts and souls out there. There were so many of them, too. Just so free and comfortable with expressing themselves. I wish I had more bravery when it comes to public speaking. Only reason I share so much on here is because I have this computer as a barrier. Who knows, I may try it someday. Even Kyle wants to bring something next week! It was amazing. (Can I say amazing just one more time! I need a new adjective!) All the people there had a lot of interesting things to say. One guy read an incredibly comical poem about Sarah Palin and how "hot" she was, but how horrible of a person she is. He touched on all the important issues, and tore her apart but still would love to have sex with her. It was so great, I about died. Another guy who was the emcee of the whole thing had a lot of very interesting cultural, social and economic opinions as well. It was just a good night.

So, that was probably the most exciting day I have had in a while! lol.

Umm I would really love to be able to find the best poem I feel I have ever written... I don't know where it is. There has to be a copy on my dad's computer. If not, then Natalie and Nicole's mom has the only copy left. Damn. I just need to write new poems. I haven't written a poem in years though.

I think I may try to expand this one.. feedback would be much appreciated!

(( I should have listened to you
all those times you started a sentence with, "when I die..."
It has been years and I still don’t know what to do. ))
There is a long, long road I have traveled.
To my left, cursive flows from the tree tops,
dancing with delight at the wonder of spring.
To my right, faces stare back at me
Through the branches.
And everywhere
Hands reach out from the bark to pull me back.
Back.
Back in time.
Back in faith.
Back in wonder.
The air is cool.
I am home.
The only moment we are alone.


Well, considering I only got 4 hours of sleep last night/morning and I have a lot of homework to finish up tomorrow... I'm going to end this for tonight.


1 comment:

Cassidi Marie said...

That video is so awesome! I loved it!

Aw man... Sounds like your day was the best! I've always wanted to go to a poetry slam.

Last Thursday, Tucker and I were sitting outside Buffalo Exchange and a guy came up to us and just handed us poetry he had written. It was good, really abstract, but I loved it. And the experience was just neat, you know? I put it in my scrapbook.
Man, I can't wait to get down there!
-Cass